GLOBUS 2019: Historic Trains of the Old West with Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta (NCS)
11 days from Denver to Denver
Call (303) 504-0405 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14250661
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 3/31/2019
- 11 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Denver||Welcome to colorful Colorado! At 6 pm, meet your traveling companions for a welcome drink. Your Tour Director will prepare you for your upcoming adventure.|
|Day 2||Colorado Springs||Enjoy a sightseeing tour of Denver this morning to see historic Union Station, the Mile High Stadium, and the U.S. Mint. Then it's on to the Royal Gorge for a unique experience, the spectacular ROYAL GORGE ROUTE RAILWAY, noted by President Teddy Roosevelt as 'the trip that bankrupts the English language' in 1905. This memorable journey will travel through beautiful scenery, into the Royal Gorge, and along the Arkansas River. Later, travel to Colorado Springs to explore GARDEN OF THE GODS, featuring 300-foot towering sandstone rock formations against a backdrop of snowcapped Pikes Peak and brilliant blue skies. (B)|
|Day 3||Albuquerque||Depart Colorado Springs and head to Albuquerque, arriving in time for independent exploration of this dynamic city on your own. Located in the heart of New Mexico, Albuquerque offers diverse traditions and experiences including world-class museums, preserved portions of historic Route 66; and is considered the 'Hot Air Ballooning Capital of the World.'(B)|
|Day 4||Albuquerque||This morning, experience the unforgettable MASS ASCENSION-where hundreds of hot air balloons take off and turn the sky into a virtual rainbow of colors, all of which are led by a balloon flying the American flag to the music of The Star Spangled Banner. What began as a gathering of 13 balloons 38 years ago has since turned into the largest ballooning event in the world, drawing entries from more than 28 different countries. This evening, catch the popular BALLOON GLOW, where all balloons fire up their burners and light up at the same time, and the AFTER-GLOW FIREWORKS SHOW. (B)|
|Day 5||Santa Fe||After a morning at leisure, leave Albuquerque and drive north to Santa Fe, the oldest seat of government in the United States and an art and cultural mecca. Spend time at leisure exploring the plaza; a National Historic Landmark and the region's central gathering place for nearly 400 years. Spend time exploring art galleries or the many boutique stores to appreciate why the plaza has been considered a storied trading center for generations. Later, enjoy dinner at a local restaurant. (B,D)|
|Day 6||Santa Fe||Experience Santa Fe up close as you embark on a guided TROLLEY TOUR of the many historic buildings, revealing the town's Spanish, Native American, and early settlers' heritage. Main sights include the San Miguel Mission, Palace of the Governors, Cathedral of St. Francis of Assisi, and LORETTO CHAPEL'S 'Miracle Stairway.' We then visit nearby Chimayo, which was founded in the 17th century by Spanish settlers. Enjoy lunch at the Rancho de Chimayo, located in a century-old adobe home, serving some of the best New Mexican cuisine. Visit [LF] SANTUARIO DE CHIMAYO and learn about the miraculous healing powers that still attract thousands of pilgrims each year. Return to Santa Fe, where the remainder of your day is at leisure. (B,L)|
|Day 7||Durango||Leave Santa Fe, stopping to explore the ancient Anasazi Puebloans and their cliff dwellings at BANDELIER NATIONAL MONUMENT. Next, visit the adobe town of Taos on the high-desert mesa for free time to explore this ancient meeting place. Continue into Colorado and arrive in Durango, a town born in the Gold Rush and silver-mining era. Tonight, perhaps browse the many shops on Main Street, or enjoy a cold pint at one of the city's local breweries. (B)|
|Day 8||Durango||Today, visit MESA VERDE NATIONAL PARK, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. See Spruce Tree House, one of the best-preserved cliff dwellings. Also, visit the museum that depicts the story of the people who once thrived on this 8,000-foot plateau, and stop at a great vantage point for pictures of Cliff Palace (one of the largest of the 700-year-old Anasazi dwellings). This evening, enjoy dinner at a local restaurant. (B,D)|
|Day 9||Glenwood Springs||This morning, board the DURANGO & SILVERTON NARROW-GAUGE RAILROAD for a scenic ride through San Juan National Forest. The legendary steam train hugs steep canyon walls as it winds its way through Rio de las Animas Canyon. Arrive in Silverton, once a major mining town that owes its name to the bragging statement by an early miner: 'We have no gold, but silver by the ton!' Then, continue to Glenwood Springs for the evening. Why not unpack your swimsuit and head down to the hot springs? The world's largest and welcoming visitors for over 125 years. Entrance to the [LF] HOT SPRINGS pools are included with your stay. (B)|
|Day 10||Denver||Travel through the beautiful Colorado mountains and board the historic GEORGETOWN LOOP RAILROAD, sit back and relax as you enjoy the beauty of the rugged Rocky Mountains plus views of Clear Creek Canyon. This afternoon, continue east to Denver, where your Tour Director hosts a special farewell dinner. Wonderful conversation and cuisine make the perfect finale for your vacation. (B,D)|
|Day 11||Denver||After breakfast, bid farewell to your new friends. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Gratuities for Tour Director and driver are available for pre-purchase. Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single Room Supplement:$1,180Triple Room Reduction per person:$285Extra Nights per person in Denver: in single room $192; in twin room $116; in triple room $96
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).